Welcome to Organically Mandy, my place to share whole-food, gluten-free and usually dairy-free recipes that my family and I enjoy. I’m glad you’re here!
I created this little page so you can learn about what you’ll find on Organically Mandy. My recipes reflect how I eat, but I don’t fit under any particular label, except perhaps “whole food eater.” Over years of listening to my body to learn how I feel the best, this is where I’ve landed … for now. I am passionate about using food to heal, but am judgement free when it comes to healthy food and eating habits.
Speaking of that last point, the biggest thing I want to communicate here, besides what you’ll find, is whether you are starting out on a new journey toward health or simply wanting to dabble with a few healthy meals a week, have compassion and love for yourself first. I have witnessed stress completely derail my health when my eating lifestyle didn’t change one bit. Yes, there are foods that support health and vitality more than others, but enjoyment with friends and family should be paramount. No judgement, only support.
I hope (and know!) you’ll find recipes here that you’re inspired to try and love.
Without further adieu, here is the basic rundown of what the recipes encompass:
- 100% gluten-free recipes.
- The occasional of use dairy, but that dairy is typically butter or ghee, which can easily be substituted with another fat.
- Recipes that highlight the power of plants! I am a veggie-loving omnivore and my recipes usually showcase them as the main event.
- A good majority of recipes are grain and legume free (Paleo), but not all. I believe in sprouting grains and legumes (like we did commonly years ago) or at the least soaking them. This makes the grains and legumes more mineral rich (cool huh?) and easier to digest. I’ll share the how-to knowledge on the site.
- I believe in the importance of fats in our diets in addition to the mindfulness of sugar consumption (yes, even the natural kind like honey and maple syrup). My recipes are never overly sweet. The benefits of eating with moderate to low consumption of added sugar? Blueberries naturally knock your socks off!
- I’ll share knowledge on the ingredients in each recipe – how they benefit our health, how to get the most nutrients from them and how to prepare them. I hope to share knowledge you haven’t heard before!
- If you are on a selective diet like Dairy-Free, Paleo, GAPS, SCD or Paleo-AIP I want to make it easier on you and provide a diet “key” at the top of every recipe. Many times though, as you know, a recipe can be adapted to fit your needs and I’ve included those recommendations further down in the posts. For those of you who are new terms like GAPS, SCD or AIP, these are temporary diets (very restrictive at first with some foods slowly reintroduced) used to restore health to the gut and heal chronic illness (though not cure). They are not fads. We are all different and above all, you have to find what works for you. This will be different for everyone.